Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Rude or Not?

    My legs bent. I aimed the camera. My subject was a dryer and washing machine situated beside the sidewalk. A property owner had made them free for the taking.
    A teenager on a bicycle drove right into my picture.
    Why didn’t he stop? He had ample time to slow down.
    During the last few years, I’ve noticed a change in people’s behavior. They’re more apt to cut into photos being taken. Such behavior was rare until a few years ago.
    Why the increase in rudeness?
    Perhaps cutting in front is no longer considered rude. Smart phone cameras are everywhere. They’re ubiquitous. It would be impractical to stop every time someone takes a photo.
    Call me old school, but I still think it’s rude to cut though a photo being taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment