Saturday, January 3, 2015

Upper Level Dining

    I had never eaten supper in a top tier restaurant. Then, last month, I attended a birthday party in one of the most exclusive restaurants in Boston. It’s situated in a high rise building. The policy is members only and their guests. I attended as a guest.
    The party happened in a function room. It was isolated from the rest of the establishment. Curiosity got the best of me. I strolled down a hallway to the main seating area.
     The exclusivity was palatable. Tables were spaced far apart. Conversations were hushed. Lighting was dim.
     I detected a loneliness to the place. My being alone had nothing to do this reaction. It just seemed too quiet in there.
     If I ever won the lottery, I would not upgrade to expensive restaurants. A counter seat at a Denny’s would still work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment