Sunday, September 8, 2013

Not on My Feet


   My visit to the mall should have been simple--buy white socks. I wear them while playing basketball. A complication developed. At almost every store, the socks displayed corporate labels. 
   I avoid clothing that advertises for corporations. This stance makes shopping difficult. Still, I was shocked by the proliferation of socks for sale with corporate logos on them. On previous visits to stores, finding plain while socks had been easy.
   I left the mall empty handed. 


   Lots of people wear brand names on their clothing. They believe that flashing a corporate label enhances their status. Other people buy whatever is convenient, even if it means displaying a label.
    Being a walking billboard is anything but cool. It's boring and conformist. 


No comments:

Post a Comment