Sunday, March 17, 2013

Habemus Papam!

  
   Early last week, gloominess hung over my family.
   My elderly father's life hung in a balance. He suffered a near fatal heart attack. Afterwards my brothers and I took turns visiting him in the hospital.
   Amidst this period, I read a news flash that a new pope had been chosen. I put on the television. My mother and myself, along with millions of other Roman Catholics around the world, knelt during the Pontiff's first public blessing (seen in photo).
  I phoned my father in his hospital room to inform him of the pope's election. Dad picked up the phone and said in Latin, "Habemus Papam!" (We have a Pope!)
   Dad condition remained shaky, but it his spirits had lifted.
Ours did too.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad your Dad is doing better. Nancy in AK.

    ReplyDelete