Sunday, December 23, 2012

Puddle of Cheer


   A puddle on a walkway caught my eye. Reflecting on its surface was an electric snowflake, part of a Christmas display up in the trees.
   I set up a tripod and took some photos.
   Lost in the moment, I didn't realize that a group of people had gathered behind me. They had stopped walking to avoid cutting in front of my lens. I didn't know how long they'd been waiting. Their patience was commendable. The evening was chilly and raw.
   I told them it was okay to cut in front. They smiled, offered a heartfelt greeting, and moved on.
   Every December, the media writes about the stress of the holiday season. Those people waiting behind me were anything but stressed. They had been strolling about and enjoying Christmas lights. Even after being delayed, they spread good cheer.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment