Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Creativity Over Schlock

A Halloween skeleton sits on a front lawn. A simple and entertaining display.
   Less ghoul is better than more.
   I drove around my area, viewing Halloween displays.
   Some homeowners went all out. Lots of inflatable monsters covered their lawns. I wasn't impressed. Too much clutter. Little creativity.
   These inflatable monsters first showed up a few years ago. They're easy to set up. They're trendy--lots of people display them. Because they're trendy, they're boring.
   Other homeowners kept it simple. Just one monster. Maybe a few. Nothing inflatable. Creativity over schlock.
   Simple impresses me. Grandiose turns me off.

Too may inflatables monsters adorn a lawn. Clutter results.

Half buried human shapes are simple and effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment