Friday, April 12, 2013

Keeping Frustrations in Check

Photo created during assignment to illustrate a magazine story about frustration.
   Photographers are prone to frustration. Sometimes it happens because they set their bars too high.
   I've spent inordinate amounts of time on locations during portrait sessions. My intentions were to achieve perfection. Instead of attaining that goal, I tested the patience of subjects who posed for me.
   Nowadays I work faster. Everybody is happier. 
   Years ago I'd become incensed when editors would crop, or better stated, 'butcher' my photos. I'm still irked when it happens. But I no longer let those episodes get under my skin.
   Too many photographers get jaded by frustrations. They loose their creative edges.
   Other photographers keep alive their zeal. They recognize that perfection is rarely attainable but excellence is.

No comments:

Post a Comment