Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Stoning Ground


     They're stoning him long after his death.
     Last week I visited the grave of author Henry David Thoreau. Stones placed by admirers covered the top of his headstone. Laying about were flowers, coins, pine cones, and handwritten notes.
     I work as photographer. Making a difference with photos is hard in a world awash with digital clutter. But a writer can still cut through the noise. The longevity of Thoreau's influence testifies to the strength of the written word.
     This first time blogger wants to make a difference. I'll combine my photos with prose. Like Thoreau, I want to help people make sense of it all.
     Thoreau wrote, 'Every man casts a shadow…. Did you never see it?' This blog enables me to cast a shadow into nooks and crannies of the world.
     Someone is bound to notice it.

No comments:

Post a Comment