Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Liquid Diabetes

Studio photo compares nutritional value of whole foods vs. foods with added sugar.
    A friend of mine contracted diabetes. Sugar caused the disease. For years, he had been drinking Mountain Dew at his job. That soda is chock full of sugar.
    I know a med student in Mississippi. He told me that one in four people down there are diabetic. And they’re fat. Sugar is one of the reasons. It promotes obesity.
    Today I went food shopping. I inspected the ingredients on a trail mix bar. Surely that snack would be sugar free? Wrong. It contained eight grams. Even yogurt, supposedly a healthy food, contains sugar.
    The problem isn’t so much natural sugars. The problem is added sugars. They wreak havoc on our bodies.
    I don’t want to end up like my friend. No longer will I drink soda. As far as I’m concerned, sodas are liquid diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment