Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pondering Heat

 
   Day two of a heat wave.
   Venetian blinds darken my bedroom. Fans whirl in a window. A breeze caresses my bare feet. 
   I should be editing photos in my office. Instead I'm laying around.
   My eyes focus on the wall. A peel of paint has expanded. Why haven't I gotten rid of that eyesore? Other priorities are taking up my time.
   Elsewhere on the wall, a crucifix catches my attention. What about those priorities? Are they pleasing to God? 
   I wonder if God uses extremes of weather to encourage contemplation? Resting in the shade provides a respite from our toils. It's an ideal time to ponder the purpose and direction of our life.  
   Consider these words by Mother Teresa:  'We need to find God and He can not be found in noise and restlessness.'

No comments:

Post a Comment